This job is now closed.
A job of a lifetime for an individual who loves to travel, thrives off adventure and wants to make a difference.
Australian NGO Food Ladder is the world’s first not-for-profit to use hydroponics and environmentally sustainable technologies to create food and economic security for communities otherwise reliant on aid and affected by poverty. For the past five years Food Ladder has used its custom designed systems to grow commercial quantities of nutrient-rich produce around the world; from the rooftops of village schools in India to the remote community of Ramingining in East Arnhem Land, Australia.
Our next frontier is Uganda, where we will implement a food growing system at a school run by fellow Australian NGO, School for Life. This custom-designed system is much needed, and will help feed the 680 primary and secondary students and 120 staff members of Mbazzi Riverside School. To bring our idea to life we need a Project Coordinator to be based onsite (the school is situated one hour’s drive from Uganda’s capital, Kampala) for a three month contract. There is potential to stay in Uganda for longer, or alternatively coordinate one of our projects in India, on the ground.
- To oversee the build, installation and establishment of the Food Ladder system in Uganda
- Accurately measure and order materials
- Liaise with supplies and builders to get the best outcome
- Ensure projects run to time and budget
- Form strong partnerships with our suppliers and potential new clients
- Photograph and report on the build from start to finish
- Social media content creation
- Instruct and assist in the propagation of the first harvest
- Train on ground staff in preparation for a smooth transition once you leave Uganda
- Seniority level: Entry level
- Employment type: Contract
- A background in project management, international relations and/or construction is desirable
- Able to manage diverse groups of stakeholders
- An ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal
- Able to travel
- Accomodation costs and a return airfare from an Australian capital city will be covered
- The three month contract will begin in Uganda from late February/early March
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications sent through LinkedIn will not be considered). Applications close Tuesday 22 January C.O.B.